The Department of Geography and Atmospheric Science Alumni Board is a mix of alumni from various years and disciplines. Nate Brunsell, the departmental chair, and Jay T. Johnson, the associate departmental chair also participate. The board assists students and faculty with a variety of important initiatives.
The Geography and Atmospheric Science Alumni Board contributes in a variety of ways, including:
- Host alumni gatherings to re-acquaint you with happenings at Lindley
- Maintain a network of professionals that are available to advise/mentor students
- Assist with internship opportunities
- Support student travel to professional conferences and training
- Support field camp
- Support the improvement of Lindley Hall
- And more…
Meet the Alumni Board:
Dan Rose, Chair of Alumni Board
Geospatial Services Manager, City of Columbia, Missouri
Meteorologist, National Weather Service/Federal Aviation Administration, Olathe, KS
Executive Director, Santa Cruz Works
Principal & Founder, Global Marketing Associates, Philadelphia, PA
Cartographer, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Kansas City District in the Geospatial Branch, certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
Research Associate, Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies,
University of Oklahoma/Storm Prediction Center National Weather Service, Norman, OK
Certified Mapping Scientist UAS (CMS) by American Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS).